Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A FUTURE MADE OF GLASS

This is Corning's vision of the future:



It's a future where your glass surfaces are smarter than you are, everything is impossibly clean, and everyone is so pretty it hurts.

Honestly, I don't see a place for myself in this future. I've broken many a Corning product in my time. Sometimes it seems I can't go a day without breaking something made of glass. You know why I'm not in this future? I'm locked up, that's why. I'm a dangerous criminal in Corning's utopia.

They just better hope the prison they have me in isn't made of glass, becasue if it is I'll be out in no time wreaking havok of this pretty vision of the future.

I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

6 comments:

Kal said...

All I can think of is one of those Final Destination movie where the kid gets smooshed by a huge piece of glass. I have picked way to many glass slivers out of my feet and hands to ever feel comfortable in a world totally made of that substance.

M. D. Jackson said...

That would make me constantly paranoid. Cutting my fingers on glass is a big worry for me. I just couldn't live like that.

And even if I didn't cut myself I'd be leaving smudgy fingerprints everywhere and garnering dirty looks.

Ginger Ingenue said...

What's the fun of a glass future? We could never throw stones. ;)

I would like to live in a glass house, though. I'd get lots of attention...of course, if all twenty-something-year-old, semi-attractive women lived in glass houses, we wouldn't need movie theaters anymore.

What substance WOULD you like the future to be made of?

Cardboard?? I imagine in a pinch, it's eatable, and we could easily decorate box houses with crayons, or our artistic skills. Of course people would be jealous of the better decorated cardboard boxes, burn them to the ground, and in their ashes build their glass cities.

Perhaps sugar cube igloos?? ;)

-- Ha. I'll be quiet now.

I hope you're well. :)

M. D. Jackson said...

Ginger, I'm glad you came by and graced my poor efforts with a comment. Please excuse the mess. The... uh...the maid hasn't been today.

(titters nervously)

if you lived in a glass house I'm afraid I would be constantly walking up and down your street like young Jeremy Brett in My Fair Lady singing about the lilac trees. I'd probably get arrested except that I suspect I would probably have to fight the crowds that would gather around your house.

A future made out sugar cube igloos would be sweet. (Ha ha!)

I am doing well -- much better for having had your visit. :)

Ginger Ingenue said...

Aw, you're sweet. :)

And I love that part in MY FAIR LADY. In fact, it's one of the only parts I like in MY FAIR LADY.

I much more fond of the non-musical PYGMALION.

And your blog always looks nice. You've got one of the best backgrounds I've seen!

Kal said...

PYGMALION is terrific. I am partial to the Peter 0'Toole, Margot Kidder version myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...