Wednesday, August 31, 2011

TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY




This is interesting. John LeCarre's 1974 spy novel, Tinker Tailor, Soldier Spy was originally adapted for television back in 1979 and starred Alec Guiness as Carre's protagonist George Smiley. My father was a big LeCarre fan and I remember watching the mini series with him.


Now the novel is being adapted as a feature with Gary Oldman as George Smiley. This ought to be an interesting take on the classic cold war spy story.

I just wish my dad was still around. I would have loved to have called him up and asked if he wanted to go to the movies with me.

Here is the trailer:




I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...