Wednesday, August 31, 2011

BOOK SHOPPING




G. W. Thomas and I managed to get some book shopping done in between "high level strategy meetings".


We visited four different stores as well as stumbling onto a roadside market that was advertising books. G. W. managed to find a lot more than I did. He's writing a book about the history of the Sword and Sorcery genre ad is constantly on the hunt for obscure titles in that genre. I was not quite so driven and only found a few things.

I passed up a specialty edition of Robert E Howard's A Witch Shall be Born. It was a hardcover illustrated by Alicia Austen. It is a gorgeous edition and I hated to have to let it go but the asking price was a bit steep for my budget.




I managed to find a copy of the Del Rey collection of Howard's EL BORAK stories which I had been looking for. It was priced just right for my budget and I was quite pleased. However, I found a second Del Rey edition, CRIMSON SHADOWS, a collection of Howard's horror tales, at the roadside market, which was entirely unexpected and the asking price was half what I'd paid for the El Borak.






Joy!



I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...