Wednesday, December 14, 2011

MUSINGS ON THE APPROACHING HOLIDAY



Because there are bloggers out there who I think of as friends. I just wish we lived closer to each other because it'd be swell to get together in some dark pub with a roaring fire and hoist a few together, swap stories, bullshit, laugh and bask in the warm glow of the season. Maybe a place on this street in Quebec City's Quartier Petit Champlain.


It would be swell to sit and drink with my electronic friends -- you've all been putting time into blog posts and I wish I had more time to read and respond. You guys are great and I love reading your posts.


At the moment I have two commissions with tight, tight deadlines, plus this whole Christmas thing. My time is not my own at this point in the year.


Anyway, I just wanted to let all you know that I'm still here and still visiting, laughing at your jokes or commiserating at your sadness. Hopefully before long I will be able to posts some of the artwork I've been slaving over.


For now, just imagine yourself in that cosy pub, with a great group of people having a wonderful time. I know I will


I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I lived in Quebec City for six months and have actually been on that street in the dead of winter.

M. D. Jackson said...

Is it as pretty as it looks in the picture and where is the nearest pub?

Simon B said...

Have a pint on me, Mike! Cheers!
I just had a head-start and started on the brandy...

Simon ( cerebus660 )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...