Wednesday, December 28, 2011

JACK THE GIANT KILLER



Here is a piece of production artwork from the new version of JACK THE GIANT KILLER. The artwork is by the amazing Justin Sweet who is an illustrator and has done pre-production artwork for fantasy movies including the NARNIA films.


JACK THE GIANT KILLER is a remake. The original was made in 1962 and starred Kerwin Mathews and a host of stop-motion animated creatures. This new version obviously relies heavily on CGI (does any new movie not rely on CGI anymore?). Nevertheless, this one piece of artwork makes me more interested to see the film than all the CGI that is on display in the trailer.


I think it says a lot that a single image, produced by an artist of obvious talent and imagination, has more power to stir the imagination then all the technical whiz-bangery on display in the trailer.







I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've seen the original because the guys from RiffTrax poked fun at it. Fortunately, the new one looks much better!

Pat Tillett said...

It looks pretty good and that piece of artwork is amazing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...