Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DARRELL K. SWEET: 1934-2011



Fantasy artist Darrell K. Sweet passed away on December 5th at the age of 77.




I have to make a confession that I was never a great fan of Sweet's work. Having said that, the man deserved a lot of respect. The man could paint a fantasy or SF book cover like nobody's business. His work graced more than 3000 different titles including Piers Anthony's Xanth books and all of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.




I did not know that Sweet was also an accomplished Western artist. He was talented and prolific and I am saddened to hear of his passing.






I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

2 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Great choices my friend. I love these kind of group adventure shots. Your work always inspires chapters of stories involving these characgers to race through my head which is the first thing I look for while accesssing any art piece. You never let me down my friend. One day we will get together and drink and laugh and talk heroes.

M. D. Jackson said...

Indeed, we will, my friend. Indeed we will.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...