Thursday, February 7, 2013

THE TRAGIC DEARTH OF MD JACKSON


You may have read that wrong.

I mean dearth, as in: Lack of. There has been a distinct lack of MD Jackson's images -- a notable absence of pictures of semi-naked women holding sharp objects -- in this place, as opposed to images OF MD Jackson, just like the one above.

Did I trick you? Did I make you come here under false pretenses? Perhaps.

It's ironic that the busier I am the lazier I look at this blog. Truth is, I feel lazy. I feel tired and listless and unproductive. I have been working hard on a big commission since December as well as dealing with life, people, work, failed brakes and a million other things.

I have a couple of really good pictures that I want to post but they are tied up with projects that aren't ready to go yet, so I can't post them. I haven't had the chance to even do little doodles. if I had I would be posting them here -- little scribbles that mean nothing to anyone but me.

I have been blogging over at AMAZING STORIES which has been really fun and I'm really proud of that, but I miss being here.

A while back I lamented about the lack of time in a day and how eight perfectly good hours were wasted by sleeping. I've nocked that down to about five but it doesn't help much.

That eight hour chunk in the middle of the day when I am at, what they laughably call "work" -- now that could go, quite easily. They keep insisting on giving me money for it, however (the fiends!) which I just can't say no to. A big pile of cash could solve that quite easily, but they just don't leave those lying around. Or maybe they do and I'm always late getting there. I don't know.

(On that note: Buy my book!)

What is the point of this rambling post? It's like getting an incoherent phone call from a drunk relative late at night.

I'm not sure if I have a point. I turned 48 last month which I usually wouldn't bother me but lately I've been wishing I was younger and better looking. Well I can't get any younger but diet and exercise seem to help, which is nice. And there's always surgery if I ever get to one of those big piles of cash before anyone else does.

Another thing I wanted to rant about (this really is sounding like a drunken late night phone call, isn't it?) what's with the 69 followers? I've been stuck at 69 forever, it feels like. Don't get me wrong: I like the number sixty-nine just fine (I like the position even better) but that's a small number of followers when you compare it to other bloggers, like my buddy Cal who has 552 (I just checked).

Mind you, Cal is a blogging powerhouse. But even other bloggers like my lovely Ginger Ingenue has 170 and she disappears for months at a time, sometimes only leaving only one blog post.

You know what? Maybe I shouldn't complain. I'm really thankful that anyone shows up here at all and i'm really grateful for the 69 people who do follow me. You guys are great and I'm glad you are here with me.

Well, I think it's time to end this drunken phone call. I'll talk to you again once I've sobered up (I'm speaking metaphorically, of course. I'm not really drunk. Not at twenty after six in the morning!). When I come back maybe I'll show you some more pictures of semi-naked women holding sharp objects.

Take care of yourselves.


I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

4 comments:

Kal said...

My brother, your ennui pains me very much. I turn 48 in June. Look at what you had to do to get your followers. You did it with talent. I scratch for mine like some chicken with Tourettes. Apples and plums my friend. We have to find a way to bring your and your art more love. This must be the point in the middle of the commission when you think it will never end. You are a part of a long tradition and I would hate to see you burn out now. Your contribution is too important in the long run.

Plus what kind of person takes a picture, at his advanced age, that looks that good? That is Frazetta good. All you good looking artists mock me. Bah!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your blog post title did give me a little jolt, I must say. Glad I read that wrong.

Keep buying lottery tickets and pray hard! That's what I do.

As a side note to Cal: I'm going to have a hard time getting that chicken with Tourettes image out of my mind now.

M. D. Jackson said...

Cal: Yeah, every commission has that point where I tell myself; "Fuck this shit! I'm gonna go be a longshoreman!" but that usually doesn't last very long. You're very astute, my friend, and I and my looks aren't trying to mock you, I swear.

Debra: Well, it's good that you were glad to be wrong about that. That's certainly better than being disappointed (or just not caring one way or the other)

AND THANKS TO JOEL WHO PUT ME OVER THE TOP! Joel, being author Joel Jenkins. Ironic because the commission that is causing me the ennui is for his book! Thanks Joel!

Unknown said...

I was following your blog anyway, I thought I might as well make it official.

And though I put you over the top, I hope that my commission doesn't push you over the edge as well!

Next commission will be front cover only--something with far less people to paint.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...