Cerebus660 very graciously awarded me with The above Versatile Blogger award. I then awarded it to five others after relating some random facts about myself. In that post i expressed my gratitude to Cerebus and his blog The Glass Walking Stick.
However, Blogger, I guess, felt that I didn't deserve the award and they shut down the whole system for a full day just so they could take it away from me. The nerve!
Nevertheless, despite the fact that my post about it has been turfed down the bit-bin, I still know I have the award and they can't take away the warm fuzzy feeling it gave me, nor the gratitude I feel for it. Blogger is a community and I am happy and proud to be a part of it.
I'm just sorry that the vendetta that Blogger has against me inconvenienced everyone else.
UPDATE: Hey Hecko! Thanks to the fact that I rarely empty the trash on my computer I found the seven facts and the folks I passed the award on to!
1. I love women's boots - preferably high heeled ones. I'm a pretty good judge of what kind of boot will look sexy on a woman and I've picked out more that a few winning pairs for my wife.
2. I have met only one of the actors who has played the Doctor -- Colin Baker shortly after he was fired by the BBC. He was as bitter as hell about it.
3. I cannot eat Chicken Cordon Bleu and that is really odd because I love all the ingredients, but put them together and I just can't do it. So if I'm in a restaurant and the menu describes it but doesn't call it Chicken Cordon Bleu I end up ordering a meal that I cannot eat.
4. Harlan Ellison once told me I was weird. This was after an evening where I had bought him dinner and he had spoken to an audience and done a very long autograph session.
5. My favourite sandwich is a Monte Cristo. Coincidently it is also my favourite novel by Dumas.
6. Definitely boxers.
7. I like wine but I prefer beer. The darker the better and enjoyed in a dimly lit place with comfy seats and good company.
And the five recipients of the award:
(hard to pronounce but always entertaining)
(Mike D's cool and not just because we share a first name and middle initial)
(Purveyor of fun-filled posts as well as being another Michael!)
(An extremely straight-up guy despite not being named Michael)
(Kelly from Buffalo always has something interesting to say)
I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?