Thursday, September 22, 2011

SO IT TURNS OUT FTL IS POSSIBLE



(Reuters) - An international team of scientists has recorded neutrino particles travelling faster than the speed of light, a spokesman for the researchers said on Thursday -- in what could be a challenge to one of the fundamental rules of physics.
Antonio Ereditato, who works at the CERN particle physics centre on the Franco-Swiss border, told Reuters that measurements over three years showed the neutrinos moving 60 nanoseconds quicker than light over a distance of 730 km between Geneva and Gran Sasso, Italy.
"We have high confidence in our results. But we need other colleagues to do their tests and confirm them," he said.
If confirmed, the discovery would overturn a key part of Albert Einstein's 1905 theory of special relativity, which says that nothing in the universe can travel faster than light.

I'll believe it when I get to Alpha Centauri... in a week!



I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

2 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I will also take my FTL Jetpack (49.99 at all Walmarts.

M. D. Jackson said...

Just make sure you choose a good helmet. You don't want to hit your head when you're traveling faster than light.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...