Tuesday, June 26, 2012

KA SIRTAGO





Ka Sirtago is a character that I came up with years ago. He is the prince -- the Ka -- of the kingdom of Trigassa. Scarred from birth he is a fearsome sight to behold. He is also selfish, loud, rude and possesses great appetites for gambling, whores and food and drink. Sirtago's bad qualities are tempered only by his childhood companion, Poet. Together they travel the world, having adventures and getting into a lot of trouble along the way.



The stories are sword and sorcery tales written in the pulp tradition of Weird Tales and of authors such as Robert E. Howard and Fritz Leiber. They have thrills and excitement but also a good deal of humour.



I published the first story, The Mark of Gennesh in an anthology called Kings of the Night under the pseudonym Jack Mackenzie. Since then I have published many stories under that name in different magazines and anthologies including four more Ka Sirtago stories.



An all- new Ka Sirtago and Poet adventure, THE GREEN BEAST is now available at Amazon .com exclusively for Kindle.


This is a sword and sorcery novella in the grand old pulp tradition of WEIRD TALES. Sirtago, the prince — the Ka — of the kingdom of Trigassa and his trusted companion, the sensitive and erudite scholar, Poet, travel from Trigassa to the neighboring castle ruled by the enigmatic Baron Ogmund.


But something is rotten in the castle of Baron Ogmund. Sirtago, the lusty Ka of the realm, and his sensitive companion, Poet, are onto a mystery involving a terrible green beast. The creature is killing the fishermen of the local village and the truth is so strange it will call into question everything, even the faithfulness of the Empress, Sirtago’s own mother!


Go to Amazon.com to find THE GREEN BEAST for Kindle for only $2.99!.


UPDATE: Hey, do me a favor: you don't have to buy it, but do visit the page -- even if you don't have a Kindle you can still visit the page -- and press the like button.


Let me know you did it in the comments and I will offer up a prize of some sort.







I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

1 comment:

Kelly Sedinger said...

Wow, I really need to get a tablet of some sort one of these days. I'm hoping to get one in September, actually...and then I'll get some of this stuff to read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...