Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Two Branches, One Fruit: The Tree of Heroic Fantasy



G. W. Thomas has an interesting post about Sword and Sorcery over at his Genre Writer blog:
Joseph McCullough did a pretty good job of looking at the mark between S&S and other forms of Fantasy in his article at Sword&Sorcery.org.The more I research, comics especially, the muddier the waters get. I've poked fun at this before but the question still tortures me. Is a definition, a line, really possible? Is it a spectrum? Is it even important to mark off one sub-genre from another?
You can read the rest of it here. While you're there, check the place out. There's lots of interesting facts and opinions to savour. You'll be glad you did.


I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...