Tuesday, October 11, 2011

PREMAKES




I have only just today discovered the concept of "Premakes. It is a wild concept that tickles my funny bone to no end as an unabashed fan of genre film and of classic cinema.


Premakes is a term coined by filmmaker Ivan Guerrero, also known as the pseudonymous "whoiseyevan", They are a series of mash-up trailers that combine a variety of vintage film and television clips that are then re-assembled as depictions of modern-day pop culture icons.

For instance, What if GHOSTBUSTERS had been made in 1954:

or if THE AVENGERS were released in 1952:

What about STAR WARS? Here it is from 1947:

It is fun stuff. Go here to see more.


I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...