Friday, October 14, 2011

31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN - DAY 14




Web Of Horror

Web Of Horror was published by Major Publications (also publishers of Cracked and a host of men’s adventure magazines) and was the first serious rival to the Warren black and white line of the 1960s.  It showcased many young professionals who would soon rise to prominence in the 1970s and, for that alone, should be remembered. Jeff Jones, berni Wrightson, Michael Kaluta, Frank Brunner, Bruce Jones to name just a few







The magazine only lasted four issues.


UPDATE: As I have been reminded I should point out that these cover scans are not mine. They originated from Mr. Door Tree`s supurlative blog Golden Age Comic Book Stories, which you should check out.



I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

1 comment:

Mr. Door Tree said...

How about directing folk back to where you grabbed these images...they certainly were not generated by you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...