Monday, August 16, 2010

ROOTS AND BLUES







On a happier note, this weekend I attended the 18th annual Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival. It is a three-day music festival that happens every year in our town. It's always colourful, always interesting and usually very loud.


Here's my buddy Ernie Phillips doing some fancy dancing at the opening ceremony:

Here's my boy K'Naan performing that Wavin' Flag song:


I didn't actually see K'naan perform. He was the headliner on Friday night and our schedules conflicted so I'll have to catch him next time.

Other than that it was a fun time. My daughter and I went Saturday and Sunday, we watched the crowds, bought iced coffees and little doughnuts, and we caught some awesome acts including the Alexis P. Suter BandDaniel Champagne from Australia, John Lee Sanders from B.C., Non Stop Bhangra from California, Shemekia Copeland, the Wasabi Collective and John NĂ©meth among many others.



I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looks like it was quite colorful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...