Monday, August 9, 2010

THE ELECTRONIC DREAM




Norman Spinrad has been posting a series at his blog about the current "Death Spiral" of the publishing industry. It's been pretty depressing reading but Spinrad tries to pull it up in the final installment with a vision of how the electronic publishing industry can survive and thrive without the traditional book publishers.

It's a wonderful vision of a gloriously free market and grist for the mill for small e-publishers like my partner and I. But to my mind it's a little too unrealistic.

Nevertheless, this is Norman Spinrad and it is well worth perusing for his insights into the industry.



I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...