Tuesday, January 15, 2013

TIME TO RE-FOCUS!


Since the Christmas holidays a lot of personal "stuff" has been dragging my attention away. I haven't been as "present" as perhaps I should have been.

It's a funny thing about one's internet "presence". You only see a very narrow spectrum of most of the time. Most of the best bloggers put a lot of themselves into their blogs, but some of us more reticent ones tend to hold much back. It's kind of like watching a juggler, but only being able to see one or two of the balls that he is trying to keep in the air. You think: "Hey, that doesn't look too difficult."

Of course what you're not able to see are the other six balls that the juggler is trying to keep in the air at the same time.

So when a blogger seems to have trouble keeping up a regular blog posting schedule, just remember that they're not lazy, or undisciplined. The blog is only one ball. They're probably trying to keep six or seven in the air that you can't see.

As for myself, I have a split focus all the time. This blog, my art blog (mdjacksonart.blogspot.com, which has too long sat dormant) Jack Mackenzie's writing blog (http://jackmackenziewriter.wordpress.com) and now the Amazing Stories website (which goes "live" soon!) are all balls that you can see.

So when the other balls that you can't see start becoming a problem, as they have for me recently, I end up looking like I'm MIA. Nothing could be further from the truth. I really do try to keep up with everyone. I do visit the blogs that I follow regularly. If I only have time for a quick lurk without stopping to say something, well... I hope you understand. As they say; "It's not you. It's me"

You guys are all amazing and I hope to be able to reconnect with a lot of you soon.

Until then, just keep on juggling! Those balls won't stay in the air on their own!


I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

3 comments:

Kal said...

Quality over quantity and double postings will alieve that guilt.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks for showing me your balls, LOL, although that sounds a lot more salacious than it's meant to! Real life always has to take priority -- bloggers should never feel guilty about that!

M. D. Jackson said...

Kal: Thank you, my friend. Double posting? Well I can't come anywhere near your voluminous output, but I can give it a try.

Debra: Well, my balls ARE impressive, as is my skill at keeping them in the air. Thanks for the chuckle. I think there will soon be a new syndrome -- Guilty Blogger Anxiety. I think more bloggers suffer from it then most people know. But you're right, of course. Real life should always take priority

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...