Friday, January 13, 2012

GINGER ON THE STAGE



One of my favourite bloggers is Ginger Ingenue. Her blog, Asleep in New York, features her thoughts on old movies and occasional stream-of-consciousness flights of fancy. After a long hiatus she returned with a wonderful post about performing on the vaudeville stage, playing her accordion during the intermission of the Marx Brother's show.


Her imagery is always amazing and while reading her post I came across a picture by Edward Hopper of an audience in front of an empty stage. So I decided to paint Ginger into the empty space.


Head over to her blog and read her post and it will all make sense. Maybe.


Even if it doesn't you will be entertained.


And she smells nice.


I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

1 comment:

Ginger Ingenue said...

Well, thank you!! I love the mix of you, me, and Edward Hopper. I'm honored you thought of me...

I'm fixing to go work on that story right now. Wrote six pages of notes for it and got some sleep (in a warmer house) so I'm feeling slightly better this morning!

I hope your birthday turned out wonderful.

Thanks again, for thinking of me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...