Tuesday, July 12, 2011

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?



I have been stupidly busy for almost the last month. Aside from working on artwork for a book cover (which is what the teaser at the top of the post is from. I shall show you the whole thing as soon as I get the okay from the author/publisher) as well as designing the corporate logo for the said publisher.

I am also reading a book from another publisher and preparing to do cover art for that.

I have also been putting together DARK WORLDS 6 (available real soon!) as well as working as the administrator of the magazine's website.


I have also been busy at work and at home. It is summertime and in the little tourist town in which I live that means extra work for everyone. At the moment our town is overrun with bikers. It's like Sturgis, but in the North.

So I haven't had much of an opportunity to do stuff just for me. I've only produced two pieces. One of them is this pen and ink sketch. (Warning: Semi-nekkid woman ahead. Look away if that sort of thing offend you!)


I have been experimenting with Painter X's pen tools and I have managed to get results that look surprisingly like actual ink on paper.

I also managed to sit down with my sketchbook for a couple of hours. I produced two pages of drawings. Here is one of those pages (If the sight of nekkid women offends, please look away):



I like the central figure and I think I will work her into a full painting (eventually).

So that's where I am at the moment. Fun stuff.



I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...