Wednesday, July 13, 2011

FIRST LOOK AT JOHN CARTER OF MARS!




Disney/Pixar's Andrew Stanton, director of the upcoming film adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs' A Princess of Mars, held a press conference and showed off some concept art from the film.





On the table at the conference stood a couple of concept models of the Tharks.







I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

3 comments:

Kal said...

Was there an explanation for how this civil war solider got to Mars in the first place? I am not up on my John Carter. I was a Conan/Solomon Kane guy.

M. D. Jackson said...

In the original novel Civil War veteran John Carter is being pursued by natives in the Arizona desert. He hides in a cave with his dying companion. He has an out-of-body experience and sees himself lying dead on the floor of the cave. He walks outside and sees Mars in the night sky. He feels that it is calling to him somehow. He raises up his arms, closes his eyes and -- Hey Presto! -- he opens up his eyes and he is on Mars.

In short, he dies and then wishes real hard.

Kal said...

Well that's a good explanation. Glad to see the answer wasn't stupid or anything.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...