Saturday, October 30, 2010

EVERY DAY IS LIKE SUNDAY


Morrissey - Every Day Is Like Sunday
Uploaded by jpdc11. - Watch more music videos, in HD!


Back in the 1980's Morrissey could do no wrong... or so he thought. Then he left his band, The Smiths and tried a solo career. As one rock journalist put it, Morrissey went from Godhead to Dickhead in the space of a year.

Still, this song is one of my favourites. It captures that feeling of existential angst that we make fun of these days. My daughter loves this song as well. She actually caught the reference to Neville Shute's novel ON THE BEACH which went over most people's heads.

I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

2 comments:

Kal said...

The fact that your cub knows of the Smiths and can use the words, Neville Shute in polite conversation makes her one of the good ones and cool enough for the Cave of Cool.

Love me some Smiths too. Such delicious ennui set to peppy music. Everytime I hear "Mama, it can feel the soul falling over my head" I instantly feel better. No matter how bad I may have it, the guy singing that song has got it a lot worse.

M. D. Jackson said...

It's kind of a running joke between us. Whenever either of us has an "angsty" moment we put our head down and walk away singing "Trudging slowly over wet sand..."

Back in the 80's and early 90's (before I met my wife) i don't know how many times I listened to How Soon is Now? to bemoan my lonely and single state. My daughter likes that song as well, but only because it was used as the theme song for Charmed

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...